Collaborative Economy is the new buzzword in the western world.There are apps now on neighborhood goods - and its innovative here. one neighbor can borrow a hammer from another neighbor instead of purchasing one. To me that does not make sense. In india, we ve done this forever - go over to our neighbor's for even things like sugar for our tea. So to me it seems kind of pointless when the western world wraps a fancy word- what should be an obvious human trait. I am going to mention about a really good friend now staying in paris who actually got fascinated by this topic and made a video on it and also won a competition. I asked her if I could while coming back from Amsterdam spend an hour in the morning (at 7 ) before i headed to work in paris (since to go back to my hostel and come back would be another 3 hours for me). To this she told me that she had to say goodbye to her brother that morning and she could not have me over even for an hour. While , I could explain this behavior to myself if it were someone else, but coming from someone who had just made a video on collaborative economy - this seemed a bit weird. The western world might be soon pushed to live in a less indivisualistic society than what they are used to.But luckily to Indians, its in our DNA.
No comments:
Post a Comment