Sunday, August 5, 2012

Just the last couple of days..

Tough Life here. Tired of looking for places to move to. Feel quite unsettled about it. Not able to work properly. Anyway, will see!
Y'day was the gay pride in Amsterdam. I don't see why its such a big deal, if indeed it was a part of the society, why do you need to have a parade at all. It seems a bit silly to me actually. But thats just me. People love the celebrations.Perhaps due to a lack of religious celebrations, this is more cultural and keeps people together. We have holi, diwali for those who believe a little bit less in the religion aspect of things.
Another discovery- while watching dhobi ghat, I realised that I did'nt think much of the movie- it did'nt mean anything to be honest. But in the process, I discovered Begum Akhtar- ab ke sawaan.Yes- watching the movie was totally worth it because of this discovery.
Also, i need to share this video by Khan academy guy, which is revolutionizing education in ways which we have never thought about.Brilliant! more importantly it has made me realize that great things dont happen if you think about doing something big. These things just happen if you are involved enough in life at every point and constantly think about how you can make things better.That was the biggest learning for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment